Full time position providing community based peer support to assist clients in achieving sustained recovery from a substance use disorder.
Primary role of the Peer Recovery specialist is to serve as a role model through face-to-face meetings, to provide ongoing support in a community setting, case management and consultation. Peer Recovery specialist will use their own history with and knowledge of Substance Use and Co-occurring mental health recovery to assist clients in engagement with treatment.
- Previous life experience with substance use
- Proven ability to address the recovery needs of individuals
- Proven ability to share personal recovery journey in a support way, even if recovery path is different from that of the client
- Valid Driver’s License & auto insurance and acceptable driving history
- Completion of high school education or equivalent
- Current certification as a Peer Recovery Coach or ability to pursue the certification
Send resume and cover letter (including information regarding your recovery) to email@example.com